Last week I got a sneak peek at my JustFab August boutique and feel in love with the Ambrosia pair. I had to buy them! I then saw a fashion blogger post the Joe’s Jeans version on Instagram and decided it was time for a splurge or save shoe edition! Can you tell I’ve been on a shoe kick lately? Going to be great when we move in a couple months
I just wanted to do a quick post to update you on life. I have literally never been this busy in my life. NEVER — which is weird to say because I always thought I was so busy in college (But I’m pretty sure that’s just how it is supposed to be). I love it and I wouldn’t trade it for the world, but to schedule regular posts the rest of the week was just not going to happen.
This week I am preparing for my older sister’s bachelorette party and will be enjoying an amazing cabin in Birchwood, Wisconsin and I cannot wait to celebrate her upcoming nuptials with some of her closest friends. I am also excited that we are doing more of a low key party for her because even though this weekend is about her, I could totally use a low key, girls weekend at a cabin (so thank you sister for the awesome idea)! I have a few surprises in store for her and I hope to be sharing all of the planning and ideas about my sister’s bachelorette party as a part of the wedding series I’ve been doing, but for today I just wanted to say hello!
I will most likely be getting back to more routine posting next week, including more outfit photos from work and the weekends. The only big thing still coming up this year aside from MOVING to a new apartment in September is my sister’s actual wedding on October 12th. PHEW. It’s been a crazy year! And on that note, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week and have an amazing weekend. I’m leaving town tomorrow night with a car full of sangria, feather boas and my best friend and little sister — take care!
Hi everyone! I am excited to announce I will be a judge for this month at Thirft Store Runway. Never heard of Thrift Store Runway? …well let me introduce you! Thrift Store Runway is a contest where five cash prizes are given away a month for the best thrifted outfits. The point of this contest is to show off how you can style an outfit on a budget because that takes skill!
So all you thrifters out there, make sure you enter! The top five winners will all receive cash prizes! $100 if less than 49 people submit their looks and $500 per winner if over 50 people enter! SO make sure to spread the word and tell your friends and family to submit their looks too! The more people that enter, the greater chance that the winners will receive $500 in a cash prize. If nothing else, take a look at Thrift Store Runway and see how creative people have gotten with their thrift store finds!
I look forward to seeing all the looks this month! Also, stay tuned… I am going to be a guest contributor to Thrift Store Runway soon!
- A Devine Life turned an old dress into a new skirt by layering a sweater on top! A great way to transition your summer wardrobe into cooler temps! (find a Devine Life on Twitter!)
- Rach.E. Cakes is rocking one of her go-to feel good dresses that is versatile enough for work or play! Pop over to see why she keeps reaching for this pretty little number! (find Rach.E.Cakes on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy gives us some great tips on how to style a midriff bearing bandeau top and shared two looks for inspiration! Great solutions to one of the more difficult pieces in our closet! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- The Second Best is recreating a low-key look from another blogger and knocked it out of the park! Goes to show that inspiration is everywhere! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- Ishi is showing us her studious side and how she stays stylish and comfortable for days spent with her nose in the books! So cute!
- Fleurani lets her pretty gold skirt shine by pairing it with lots of black! It’s gorgeous and the perfect piece for holiday party season!
- Rachel’s Lookbook takes her outfit to the next level by throwing on some purple tights! Such a fun way to add excitement to your look! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- See Mo Go is totally comfy in her new printed cords! She paired them with a blazer and boots and is ready for a day at the office!(find See Mo Go on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic pairs her new glasses and patterned tights together for a geek chic look! The total outfit only cost $55! Go check it out! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Chic Curator gives us a bedroom duvet breakdown on a budget with three different price points to choose from! Pop over to check out the super cute bedding and find out where to buy!
- Laura Wears is showing off her holiday party style – a little bit of sparkle mixed with a little bit of responsibility! Love this look! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Sam ipsa Loquiter wrapped up her 30 f0r 30 challenge and she definitely ended on a high note! Pattern mixing at its finest! (find Sam ipsa Loquiter on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is showing us some love in a gorgeous new sweater! No better (or more stylish) way to make a statement than that! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is in love with a bright and beautiful little girl’s room! She recreated the look in a room and an outfit – tons of great pieces! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style rounds up her favorite stylish rain boots after getting tons of use out of hers lately! Head over to pick out your favorite pair to be ready for the rain (or snow!) ahead! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)