Now that it’s April, the rainy spring season is finally here (I think… there is always a possibility for more snow). Regardless, if you own a pair of rain boots and don’t always know how to style them, I have gotten some Pinterest inspiration for how to style them for those rainy days. Happy 1st of April! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
To me, nothing is more comfortable or stylish than a maxi skirt. You don’t have to worry about length (which for tall girls is always a problem when it comes to dresses, pencil and mini skirts) and they look incredibly chic, but you feel like you are still at home lounging around in your pajamas. I love winterizing maxi skirts by simply pairing them with a sweater. I always belt a combo like this because the skirt and sweater are looser items, so by adding a belt, I give myself shape. Add some tall socks and a pair of boots and the outfit is literally that easy to throw together and perfect for a Monday at the office.
I have always loved a tights and cut off shorts pairing. Since I don’t technically have a pair of “cut offs,” I thought i would just wear my favorite pair of jean shorts instead. I immediately wore these sneakers this weekend after receiving them in the mail and was SO excited to find out how comfy they were and just as edgy and cool in real life as what I saw online. These are definitely going to be a new weekend go-to and will go perfectly with skinny jeans, how I usually wear wedged sneakers, and will also be great for my upcoming trip to Vegas to walk the strip and wear on the plane!
Life has been interesting as of lately. This week we went couch shopping as our poor old couch is on its last leg (literally). Gotta love when unexpected expenses come up! Also, I’ve
rearranged changed my priorities in the past week with the top ones being working out/eating healthy and getting organized. There has been a lack of outfit posts lately too, which has been a combination of me coming home and changing into work out clothes ASAP and not wanting to stand outside in the cold. Indoor pictures don’t ever turn out well in our apartment because we have a lack of lighting (no central lighting, just the lamps that we have bought and placed in rooms). So anyway, I started Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred on Tuesday and have been sore and tired ever since. Seriously though, I hope it will pay off and get me back on track to working out on a consistent basis and being healthy along with a good diet (hopefully I stick to the full 30 day shred). I can’t focus my energy in all the places I want to right now, so I have to prioritize and this is how it has turned out for me.
Classy: An LBD with red lip, perfectly crafted bun and simple chain necklace
If you’ve started to pack for Christmas vacation and your time off with family and friends, you might be in a slight panic thinking “what in the world am I going to where on Christmas Eve and Christmas day?” Thinking about what I’m going to wear for these days is important otherwise I’ll pack two extra suitcases (seriously). Thanks to my Christmas board on Pinterest, packing has become a lot less complicated. Do you know what you’re wearing for the holidays this year?
Christmas Colors: Pair red with green in an unexpected way
Simplicity: Add a pair of colored tights to spice up an otherwise plain outfit
White & Black: Play with textures (feathers) and patterns (stripes) to create a chic, perfectly styled winter outfit and add a red lip for charm
Nontraditional: Opt for something you normally wouldn’t for Christmas such as leopard print, over-the-knee boots and a beret
- Fancy Francy looks so chic in leopard, leather and cozy knits – the ultimate winter look! So cute! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- The Second Best is satisfying her color craving in bright hues and printed pants that she carried over from her summer wardrobe! Love this look! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- Ishi is making her closet do double duty and rocking her shorts even in the colder temps! Pop over to see how she styled this versatile piece to stay warm!
- Fleurani is sporting a new hair color and new glasses while frolicking in the snow! She looks so cozy in plaid and a bright blazer!
- Rachel’s Lookbook is channeling her inner Sex and the City and pulled out her vintage fur coat for the first time! Absolutely fabulous! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- See Mo Go is sporting a festive new top for a day out Christmas tree shopping! Pop over to see where she found her (on sale) sweater! (find See Mo Go on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic is showing us how to make our own embellished sweater for the infamous Tacky Christmas party that everyone finds themselves at this time of year! Head over to get some inspiration and see her tips! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Chic Curator rounds up some fab finds in emerald – the new color of the year! Go check out all of the cute pieces and scoop up some emerald of your own!
- Laura Wears is trying her hand at vintage clothing for the first time in plaid pants and she knocked it out of the park! Don’t miss her fun menswear accessory! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Sam ipsa Loquitur shows us how to look chic on a major budget! The whole outfit is under $50 – impressive! (find Sam ipsa Loquiter on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation proves that you really can wear white after labor day! Head over to find out how she styled her summer jeans for cooler temps! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Rose a la Mode is thinking pink in a casual tone-on-tone look ready for a weekend out and about! So cute! (find Rose a la Mode on Twitter!)
- Good Life glams up her look a bit with a fabulous fur cowl that she scored on the cheap and a hint of glitter! Definitely one to recreate! (find Good Life on Twitter!)
- Second Street East shares her favorite type of room with us – lived in and cozy but still chic and stylish! Pop over to see the room and the outfit that were recreated from the inspiration look! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style shows us the 13 pieces she can’t live without in her winter wardrobe and how to make them into 9 outfits! Love them all! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Sex & the City is just one of those shows that I could leave on repeat and never get sick of. Lately I have been watching Season 6 over and over again since it is available OnDemand. I really should just get the whole season in the big beautiful book! (Note to self: add to Christmas wishlist). If you are a Sex & the City fan, you probably have picked out a favorite character and I can’t help but love Carrie, for many reasons, but mostly for her passion for writing (I am a writer as well, although very different as I write about manufacturing lines and sensors, I am still passionate about writing and miss writing for my college’s newspaper) and because she NEVER gave up on love.
Even after all she went through, she still believed she would find love and share her life with someone who loved her for who she is. In the season finale episode, when Carrie is telling Alexander about the party some Parisians are throwing her because they love her book so much, she is holding onto his arm wearing a big brown fur coat, cowl neck sweater, jeans and black boots. Well Carrie, thank you, because you inspired this outfit and helped me wear my vintage brown faux fur coat for the first time! It is SO warm and will be making many more appearances in the upcoming winter months. Here is my favorite Carrie quote…Happy Monday:
- A Devine Life turned an old dress into a new skirt by layering a sweater on top! A great way to transition your summer wardrobe into cooler temps! (find a Devine Life on Twitter!)
- Rach.E. Cakes is rocking one of her go-to feel good dresses that is versatile enough for work or play! Pop over to see why she keeps reaching for this pretty little number! (find Rach.E.Cakes on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy gives us some great tips on how to style a midriff bearing bandeau top and shared two looks for inspiration! Great solutions to one of the more difficult pieces in our closet! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- The Second Best is recreating a low-key look from another blogger and knocked it out of the park! Goes to show that inspiration is everywhere! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- Ishi is showing us her studious side and how she stays stylish and comfortable for days spent with her nose in the books! So cute!
- Fleurani lets her pretty gold skirt shine by pairing it with lots of black! It’s gorgeous and the perfect piece for holiday party season!
- Rachel’s Lookbook takes her outfit to the next level by throwing on some purple tights! Such a fun way to add excitement to your look! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- See Mo Go is totally comfy in her new printed cords! She paired them with a blazer and boots and is ready for a day at the office!(find See Mo Go on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic pairs her new glasses and patterned tights together for a geek chic look! The total outfit only cost $55! Go check it out! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Chic Curator gives us a bedroom duvet breakdown on a budget with three different price points to choose from! Pop over to check out the super cute bedding and find out where to buy!
- Laura Wears is showing off her holiday party style – a little bit of sparkle mixed with a little bit of responsibility! Love this look! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Sam ipsa Loquiter wrapped up her 30 f0r 30 challenge and she definitely ended on a high note! Pattern mixing at its finest! (find Sam ipsa Loquiter on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is showing us some love in a gorgeous new sweater! No better (or more stylish) way to make a statement than that! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is in love with a bright and beautiful little girl’s room! She recreated the look in a room and an outfit – tons of great pieces! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style rounds up her favorite stylish rain boots after getting tons of use out of hers lately! Head over to pick out your favorite pair to be ready for the rain (or snow!) ahead! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)