Last time I wore this shirt (seen here), I paired it with a neutral bandage skirt, so this time I wanted to add even a little more to already bright and loud patterned top, so I added a bit of metallic shine with my pencil skirt and gold sparkly flats. It was one of those days that I just needed to wear flats to work, and this bow tie sequin gold pair along with my leo flats are my go-tos (even though you’ll usually see me in heels at work). A simple braid on both sides and I was ready for a full day at work! Happy Tuesday!!!!!
The summer heat hasn’t been letting down here this past week… so I have been going to some of my go-tos for summer heat and humidity: a breezy dress, hair pushed back with a headband/headwrap, and a pair of flats or strappy sandals! I wore this on Saturday to run some errands (like go pick out puppy supplies, yay!) and to get the apartment organized (aka puppy-proofed… all shoes are up high in my closet now!) And there is nothing better than a good pop of pink with my “Punchy” Beauty Rush lip gloss from Victoria Secret to add just the right amount of color! I hope you all had a great weekend! What are your go-tos for summer heat?
P.S. We are undergoing some blog construction (if you couldn’t tell)… please bear with us and our changes over the next month!
- First off, who doesn’t need a sassy LLD (little leopard dress)! Just as functional as a little black dress, but more fun. This perfectly transitions into colder seasons as well with a black blazer and pair of pumps (add red pumps for a particularly fun outfit).
- A little white, summery dress is also necessary. Find one with some embellishments and all you need to throw on is a pair of sandals. Summer or vacation chic with little to no effort!
- One piece black swimsuits are no longer meant for covering up, but showing off. They are so chic and will make you stand out in the crowd at the pool or the beach.
- A light-weight black dress with some fun details can be a great cover-up for your swimwear and can double as a cute dress to go out with friends or for date night. Add some gold wedges and earrings to really make a statement.
- White wedges are classy and can be paired with any outfit during the warmer months! Perfect at the office or on the weekends, wedges are comfy while still looking chic.
- Tortoise sunnies are a classic… and a must. They liven any outfit when the sun is beating down! Try a wide rim pair to ensure great coverage and a fashionable look.
- Bermuda shorts are ideal for any situation in the sun… they are a classic look that look amazing paired with a breezy light-weight colorful blouse and embellished sandals. They help you keep cool for the farmer’s market, summer fairs or outdoor concerts!
- Embellished sandals are the next step up from flip flops, giving your feet complete freedom while maintaining a perfectly stylish outfit. Try a pair in a neutral such as white or a metallic shade for some extra pizzazz!
These days, casual Fridays are very casual. I have been feeling extremely exhausted by the time Friday rolls around, so any type of comfort I can take in being able to wear jeans, slouchy tees or loose cardigans… I go for it. Of course, I try my best to be casual chic, but who knows if I’m actually pulling that off today
Besides casual Fridays at work, I tend to dress down on the weekends since I tend to wear skirts all week long (although there is nothing better than throwing on a dress and a pair of flats for weekend wear as well!) Last Friday I met up with one of my girlfriends at Cowboy Jacks for some after-work drinks and to enjoy the gorgeous weather! I could not believe I was sitting outside in a t-shirt in Minnesota on March 16! It is just insane, but no complaints… I’m loving it! Anyway, one of my easiest go-tos for casual and weekend wear is a plain tee, fringed, printed scarf, dangly earrings (to dress it up a bit) and my aviators! This time I was wearing my newest jewelry investment… a beautiful pair of gold earrings from JewelMint!
Oh how I wish I could buy and make room for all of these pieces in my closet!!!!!
Basically the title of my post says it all… this outfit is extremely simple to throw together and is so comfortable. Unfortunately, it is only a weekend outfit because it’s a bit too casual for work, but I still love it! I was inspired by Lucky magazine’s spread on how to mix and match a few items for A Month of Outfits” from the November 2008 issue. I have kept that magazine and tabbed out that section because it’s always been a source of inspiration for me! Anyway, I love the hidden polka dot pattern on this short-sleeved cape jacket and adding a pair of plaid flats to complete the look. For me, it’s the perfect combination of comfy and cute.
Burgandy Boxy Jacket: Target; Black Skirt: Target; Gray Tights: Target; Plaid Flats: Kohls; Cream Scarf: Wal-Mart; Gray Military Hat: Ann Taylor Loft
I wanted to share a couple of my favorite fall trends for 2011, which sadly is coming to an end in Minnesota, but can still work well for winter time. Plaid trends are something I love to wear during the fall season into winter, and this year it is a MUST for your wardrobe. With major fashion trends, I try to take looks off the runway and edit them to fit my everyday life. I usually do this by taking small parts and incorporating them with my personal style. I would just do one piece, whether a skirt, button-up, jacket or shoes. I love to belt this jacket and wear some fun jewelry with the ensemble and also love to wear these flats with skinny jeans, a plain tee and a multi-chain necklace.
Light-weight sweaters are the best option for year round wear. My beige and white striped sweater is one of my favorite pieces because of its versatility, as well as the shoulder cutouts that made me fall in love with it in the first place! Now it’s great with boots, skinny jeans (denim or colored) and an olive green hat, in the spring/summer, it’s great with white shorts, strappy sandals and gold accessories.
Plaid Jacket: Target; Silver Buckle Belt: Express; Plaid Flats: Kohls
Sweater: Heartbreakers; Olive Green Hat: Forever 21; Skinny Jeans: Younkers; Brown Boots: Nordstrom Rack
$18 - asos.com
$18 - forever21.com
$35 - target.com
$28 - aldoshoes.com
$28 - nordstrom.com
$47 - romwe.com