- Rachel’s Look Book shares with us her summer “go-to” items that are fit for running errands or lunch with the girls! Cute! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is walking on the wild side with her fashion choices lately and it’s paying off! She looks fabulous in her new red pants! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Ash ‘N’ Fashn is gearing up for the start of the Olympics with an adorable graphic tee! Perfect for watching the opening ceremonies tonight! (find Ash N’ Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl looks gorgeous in a neutral outfit – head over to find out how she uses a hint of shimmer to keep the look interesting!
- Urban Frill is wearing her own version of the primary colors and knocked it out of the park! And she thought she had nothing to wear! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now mixes masculine and feminine for a layered summer look! Pop over to see how she pulls it off! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average is taking style cues from Betty Draper while sporting an updated vintage look complete with a pink lace skirt! Love! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style is channeling her inner free spirt with lace and pastels – a beautiful nod to the 60s!
- the Queen City Style is shopping her own closet and trying out a new combination she has never thought of! Head over to see the unlikely pair! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow goes Aztec with an amazing pair of shorts! She pairs it with a top that has an unexpected twist – go check it out! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations recreates a casual Rosie Huntington look for under $115! It involves boots and shorts – a must see!
- Second Street East is sharing a little office inspiration with us, which will be her future workspace. One hint – pink and yellow! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies pairs a neutral top with some pops of color! Don’t forget to check out her fun hair accessory!
- Sweetie Pie Style runs us through this fall’s shoe trends! Be careful because you will want every. single. pair. (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- One Hundred Inspirations puts together an amazing summer wedding look inspired by Kate Middleton – all for under $160! A must see!
- Diva in Me combats the monday blues with a gorgeous yellow and white dress she collaborated on with a friend! So talented! (find Diva in Me on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow mixed and matched her way to an adorable summer outfit! Checks and floral were meant to be! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Rachel’s Look Book shows us her international style on a recent trip to Dublin. Hint – it’s fabulously edgy! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- Melificent is feeling happy in her good mood outfit! So much so that she even brought out the bubbles! So fun! (find Melificent on Twitter!
- Crazy Style Love shares her simple formula for taking any outfit from day to night! Head over to find out how and see her cute look! (find Crazy Style Love on Twitter!)
- Sigh…Gush…Gasp looks polished for weekend errands in a blazer and jeans – and you’ll never believe what she paid for her top!! (find Sigh…Gush…Gasp on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation found the perfect polka dot scarf – it’s long and goes with everything! Pop over to see where she bought it! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- High Heeled Style has jumped on the chambray wagon! And what better to pair it with than white skinny jeans and a pair of fabulous heels?! (find High Heeled Style on Twitter!)
- Ash ‘N’ Fashn pairs denim and lace for a look that’s perfect for any date night or party! So cute! (find Ash N’ Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl takes us through three ways to style a skinny cowl top! It’s impossible to choose a favorite!
- Urban Frill is trying out a new way to style her pencil skirts! Pop over to find out why untucked is better! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now cools off in an adorable pansy print sun dress! Paired with sleek silver accessories, she is ready for the heat! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Second Street East finds inspiration for a bedroom design from her latest casual weekend outfit! Head over to check out the room AND outfit! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
As I said in my first travel post this week, I so badly wanted to take photos of the amazing street style I saw, but 1. sometimes these jaw-dropping looks were already past me before I could even think to grab my camera and 2. How big of an American creep would have I been? Some may have found it flattering, but I was worried most would find me strange. Thus, I relied on my visual memory to write down the looks in my journal later and re-create them on Polyvore. Of course, this doesn’t do these fabulous women justice because their hair, make-up and vibe cannot be displayed through these looks. But here are a few and I will be sharing more with you soon!
- Franish found a cheaper version of the ever-popular J.Crew necklace we have been seeing everywhere! It looks amazing paired with red stripes! (find Franish on Twitter!)
- City and Burbs is rocking the boyfriend jeans! She pairs them with neutrals and a few pops of neon for a gorgeous look! (find City and Burbs on Twitter!)
- Rachel’s Look Book is showing us her Derby Style! Head over to see how she pairs that fabulous hat with a chic dress for a look worth betting on! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- Urban Frill rounds up her favorite neon pieces for summer! The best news? They are all under $45!
- A Fashion Fixation looks lovely in her pretty printed dress! She shows us just how easy it is to look fabulous! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- DahliaLynn Lane is going casual chic in a leopard maxi skirt! You HAVE to see this skirt! (find DahliaLynn Lane on Twitter!)
- A Dash of Details tells us about her tried and true hair products that she swears by! Head over to find out what she uses to keep her locks looking beautiful! (find A Dash of Details on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is obsessed with mixing prints! She looks seriously sweet in her polka dots and stripes! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies mixes plaid and stripes for a quirky look! The perfect outfit for a cute, casual weekend!
- Sweetie Pie Style is ready for Cinco de Mayo and is showing us what to wear, eat and drink! I wish I was going to her party!! (Find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- Second Street East threw on some boots and a bow for a lazy, rainy day! Head over to see how this outfit translates into a cute living room! (Find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Olive & an Arrow puts on her cowboy boots for a bit of southern flair! She paired them with a girly skirt for a fun look! (Find Olive & an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Good Life put together an amazing outfit and each piece is under $25! Yes, you heard that right – pop over to see where they are from! (Find Good Life on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations shows us how to get Gwyneth Paltrow’s classic black and white look! Stop by to see the pieces she chose, all for under $80!
I have always wanted to be able to tag along with the boys and I’m guessing I get that from my mother who grew up with six brothers. With that said, when my boss told me that one of the guys at work is trying to bring back “Tie Tuesday” I decided I wanted join! I have always been drawn to menswear looks, but recently Alicia’s post from Fashion by Alicia on Evan Rachel Wood and Carry On Couture’s menswear inspired look have really inspired me. My result: My boyfriend’s tie with cropped black pants, a vest, blazer and a ruffle fuchsia blouse (because I still need my feminine touches!)
This is officially the 100th post! I am so excited that I have reached this landmark and cannot believe how quickly it has come! I want to thank ALL of you for visiting, commenting and for those who participated in my first themed week! (there will be more to come in the near future)! I am extremely humbled by the feedback and had no idea the amazing fashion blogging community I was entering when I first started posting four months ago. You have all been so helpful, inspirational and supportive and I can’t tell you how happy I get each and every day to interact with all of you!
As I’ve said previously, I draw inspiration from many sources and so far I’ve shown you my celebrity inspirations from Whitney Port and Hilary Duff, but today I am showing you inspiration from what I believe is the most inspirational source out there: nature. From color combinations, to the textures and the way things move, nature, in my opinion, is where all great art comes from. And since fashion is my way of being creative in everyday life, I will always be inspired by nature’s beauty. This look, which is more colorful than many of the outfits I have ever worn (unless if it is already incorporated into a pattern on a dress or blouse) was inspired by the lilies I got from my boyfriend for Valentine’s Day. Lilies have always been my favorite flower. I grew up with tiger lilies lining the outside of the house I grew up in and today, lilies are the source of this outfit. Pink, orange and yellow looked so gorgeous together in this bouquet that I just couldn’t help but wonder what an ensemble like this would look like. Here’s the result! I think I am ready for spring!!!!!
So I am really excited to start a new section on my blog that will also be featured under “Outfits” called the Inspiration Board. I gather inspiration from many sources, whether it’s from a magazine spread, advertisement, celebrities, celebrity events, looks on the street or other bloggers, I will make sure to explain what it is I love about the style and how I make it my own through specific outfit details! You can also see more of my fashion inspiration on Pinterest… follow me at Rachel’s Lookbook!
Tweed Jacket, Vintage; Bow-tie Blouse, Macy’s; Pleather Leggings, Express; Bracelet, Kohls; Chain-Link Ankle Strap Pumps, Steve Madden Luxe