To me, nothing is more comfortable or stylish than a maxi skirt. You don’t have to worry about length (which for tall girls is always a problem when it comes to dresses, pencil and mini skirts) and they look incredibly chic, but you feel like you are still at home lounging around in your pajamas. I love winterizing maxi skirts by simply pairing them with a sweater. I always belt a combo like this because the skirt and sweater are looser items, so by adding a belt, I give myself shape. Add some tall socks and a pair of boots and the outfit is literally that easy to throw together and perfect for a Monday at the office.
I have always loved a tights and cut off shorts pairing. Since I don’t technically have a pair of “cut offs,” I thought i would just wear my favorite pair of jean shorts instead. I immediately wore these sneakers this weekend after receiving them in the mail and was SO excited to find out how comfy they were and just as edgy and cool in real life as what I saw online. These are definitely going to be a new weekend go-to and will go perfectly with skinny jeans, how I usually wear wedged sneakers, and will also be great for my upcoming trip to Vegas to walk the strip and wear on the plane!
My sisters and I have a tradition of getting our nails done before getting ready for Christmas Eve mass and this year I decided to be just as festive for my Christmas Eve daytime wear as I am for my church wear! With my new patterned pants that I scored for $7 and a vintage sequin shirt, I felt very festive for the day, full of holiday spirit. I added a spiked bracelet to make the outfit more edgy, but my favorite accessory in these photos is my pup Emma in her Christmas sweater. Can you tell she loves the snow?! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday… back to work today for me, but another 4 days off is coming up in just a few! Happy Wednesday!
Classy: An LBD with red lip, perfectly crafted bun and simple chain necklace
If you’ve started to pack for Christmas vacation and your time off with family and friends, you might be in a slight panic thinking “what in the world am I going to where on Christmas Eve and Christmas day?” Thinking about what I’m going to wear for these days is important otherwise I’ll pack two extra suitcases (seriously). Thanks to my Christmas board on Pinterest, packing has become a lot less complicated. Do you know what you’re wearing for the holidays this year?
Christmas Colors: Pair red with green in an unexpected way
Simplicity: Add a pair of colored tights to spice up an otherwise plain outfit
White & Black: Play with textures (feathers) and patterns (stripes) to create a chic, perfectly styled winter outfit and add a red lip for charm
Nontraditional: Opt for something you normally wouldn’t for Christmas such as leopard print, over-the-knee boots and a beret
- Fancy Francy looks so chic in leopard, leather and cozy knits – the ultimate winter look! So cute! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- The Second Best is satisfying her color craving in bright hues and printed pants that she carried over from her summer wardrobe! Love this look! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- Ishi is making her closet do double duty and rocking her shorts even in the colder temps! Pop over to see how she styled this versatile piece to stay warm!
- Fleurani is sporting a new hair color and new glasses while frolicking in the snow! She looks so cozy in plaid and a bright blazer!
- Rachel’s Lookbook is channeling her inner Sex and the City and pulled out her vintage fur coat for the first time! Absolutely fabulous! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- See Mo Go is sporting a festive new top for a day out Christmas tree shopping! Pop over to see where she found her (on sale) sweater! (find See Mo Go on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic is showing us how to make our own embellished sweater for the infamous Tacky Christmas party that everyone finds themselves at this time of year! Head over to get some inspiration and see her tips! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Chic Curator rounds up some fab finds in emerald – the new color of the year! Go check out all of the cute pieces and scoop up some emerald of your own!
- Laura Wears is trying her hand at vintage clothing for the first time in plaid pants and she knocked it out of the park! Don’t miss her fun menswear accessory! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Sam ipsa Loquitur shows us how to look chic on a major budget! The whole outfit is under $50 – impressive! (find Sam ipsa Loquiter on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation proves that you really can wear white after labor day! Head over to find out how she styled her summer jeans for cooler temps! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Rose a la Mode is thinking pink in a casual tone-on-tone look ready for a weekend out and about! So cute! (find Rose a la Mode on Twitter!)
- Good Life glams up her look a bit with a fabulous fur cowl that she scored on the cheap and a hint of glitter! Definitely one to recreate! (find Good Life on Twitter!)
- Second Street East shares her favorite type of room with us – lived in and cozy but still chic and stylish! Pop over to see the room and the outfit that were recreated from the inspiration look! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style shows us the 13 pieces she can’t live without in her winter wardrobe and how to make them into 9 outfits! Love them all! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Sex & the City is just one of those shows that I could leave on repeat and never get sick of. Lately I have been watching Season 6 over and over again since it is available OnDemand. I really should just get the whole season in the big beautiful book! (Note to self: add to Christmas wishlist). If you are a Sex & the City fan, you probably have picked out a favorite character and I can’t help but love Carrie, for many reasons, but mostly for her passion for writing (I am a writer as well, although very different as I write about manufacturing lines and sensors, I am still passionate about writing and miss writing for my college’s newspaper) and because she NEVER gave up on love.
Even after all she went through, she still believed she would find love and share her life with someone who loved her for who she is. In the season finale episode, when Carrie is telling Alexander about the party some Parisians are throwing her because they love her book so much, she is holding onto his arm wearing a big brown fur coat, cowl neck sweater, jeans and black boots. Well Carrie, thank you, because you inspired this outfit and helped me wear my vintage brown faux fur coat for the first time! It is SO warm and will be making many more appearances in the upcoming winter months. Here is my favorite Carrie quote…Happy Monday:
- Laura Wears dresses up her cozy fair aisle sweater with a blazer for a chic, winter-ready look! Pop over to check out her cute stocking cap, too! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Peach Gingham pairs polka dots with a fur vest – what an amazing combination! The perfect casual back-to-work outfit! (find Peach Gingham on Twitter!)
- A Devine Life is mad for plaid this season and pairs it with heels and pearls – a beautiful classic look! (find a Devine Life on Twitter!)
- Rach.E. Cakes is jumping on the animal trend in an outfit that is cute and comfortable enough for a long day of traveling at the airport! Pop over to see what furry friend she is sporting! (find Rach.E.Cakes on Twitter!)
- Behind The Dressing Room Door gives us the scoop on a mini sale going on at Anthropologie! Definitely a good time to stock up on dresses and sweaters! (find Behind the Dressing Room Door on Twitter!)
- Living After Midnite found a gem of a bag at a recent sample sale and she hasn’t put it down since! Head over to see her fabulous new bag! (find Living After Midnite on Twitter!)
- Fancy Francy shows us how to incorporate tights and leggings into our winter wardrobe! Pop over for some style tips and to check out these two looks! (find Fancy Francy on Twitter!)
- Second Best is rocking her favorite winter staple that we all have – even men! Head over to see what it is and where she found it! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- Ishi is all puffed up in her favorite winter coat and it extremely warm, but still chic! Go check it out – such a great price point, too!
- Fleurani shows us that black and blue really do go together! A sophisticated look with a fun, unexpected twist!
- Rachels Look Book proves that neon isn’t going anywhere soon with this festive but comfy look! Her sweater is to die for – a must see! (find Rachel’s Look Book on Twitter!)
- See Mo Go is finally pulling out her favorite Christmas dress now that Thanksgiving is over – perfect for the holidays! So cute! (find See Mo Go on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic is rocking some fun printed pallazo pants she found while thrifting – such a great find at an even better price! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is dreaming of spring even though winter is just beginning. Head over to check out the fresh and bright dining room she loving this week! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style recreates an outfit that would be perfect for a holiday party with friends in gorgeous winter whites! She also gives some great tips for dressing in monochromatic tones!! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Well it is that time of year when you can wear orange and black together without feeling like you are dressing for Halloween! Why? Well because it is Halloween time right now… yay! I love the idea of orange and black together and what a better time to pull out your favorite black and orange pieces than now?! I am taking today off to bake and get ready for our 2nd Annual Halloween party tomorrow (called Spookify) and I wore this last night to happy hour with the bf. Sometimes there is nothing better than an outfit with a hint of color and of course a sparkle clutch! Double stripes, black blazer, orange scarf and sparkle clutch? Yeah pretty much all of my favorites in one outfit! HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I know it is still a few days away, but I’m sure you all have parties and events to attend this weekend that are Halloween related! Stay tuned for some fun Halloween baking, decor and costume posts in the upcoming days!