This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Rachel’s Lookbook.
Puerto Rico is just a short trip away with direct flights out of Minneapolis – and no need for a passport! The luxury of dreamy beach vacation is available on the all-star island, Puerto Rico! Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and featured in the Top 10 beaches from Travel Channel – making it an ideal vacation spot. Ever since I took a beach vacation this year, I know I need to plan my next one. Puerto Rico is so much more than just beaches though, so here is what I would want to do on a vacation to Puerto Rico!
- Go for a hike in the El Yunque Rain Forest – I have always wanted to visit a rain forest – I’m sure it is on the top of many people’s must see places someday! This rain forest has great reviews and I love being able to do things on vacation that double as exercise so that I don’t actually have to spend time in a gym while on vacation. Anyway – waterfalls and beautiful lush greenery? Yes please, sign me up!
- Kayak at night at Bioluminescent Bay to experience the gorgeous and magical views of the glowing water. The glow of the water is created by micro-organisms living in the water. Seeing some photos of this view is so beautiful, so I can’t st gorgeous it must to see in real life.
- Visit Castillo San Felipe del Morro – as a historic site of Puerto Rico it is a must-see on my list! I love visiting and just walking through older sites and learning more about the history of the building.
- Go to the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico – another one of my favorite things to do no matter where I’m visiting is to go to at least one art museum. This museum has great reviews and it is smaller, so it is easy to go appreciate the art and then get back out to the sun!
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches – after all, I have to enjoy the ocean and beautiful beaches being from the Midwest. This is the perfect beach destination with gorgeous coastlines and again not needing a passport to visit.
Make sure to check it out and live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico.