This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Rachel’s Lookbook.
Puerto Rico is just a short trip away with direct flights out of Minneapolis – and no need for a passport! The luxury of dreamy beach vacation is available on the all-star island, Puerto Rico! Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and featured in the Top 10 beaches from Travel Channel – making it an ideal vacation spot. Ever since I took a beach vacation this year, I know I need to plan my next one. Puerto Rico is so much more than just beaches though, so here is what I would want to do on a vacation to Puerto Rico!
- Go for a hike in the El Yunque Rain Forest – I have always wanted to visit a rain forest – I’m sure it is on the top of many people’s must see places someday! This rain forest has great reviews and I love being able to do things on vacation that double as exercise so that I don’t actually have to spend time in a gym while on vacation. Anyway – waterfalls and beautiful lush greenery? Yes please, sign me up!
- Kayak at night at Bioluminescent Bay to experience the gorgeous and magical views of the glowing water. The glow of the water is created by micro-organisms living in the water. Seeing some photos of this view is so beautiful, so I can’t st gorgeous it must to see in real life.
- Visit Castillo San Felipe del Morro – as a historic site of Puerto Rico it is a must-see on my list! I love visiting and just walking through older sites and learning more about the history of the building.
- Go to the Museo de Arte de Puerto Rico – another one of my favorite things to do no matter where I’m visiting is to go to at least one art museum. This museum has great reviews and it is smaller, so it is easy to go appreciate the art and then get back out to the sun!
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches – after all, I have to enjoy the ocean and beautiful beaches being from the Midwest. This is the perfect beach destination with gorgeous coastlines and again not needing a passport to visit.
Make sure to check it out and live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico.
Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook
Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter
JessicaMay 16, 2015 at 5:15 PM
I’ve been to Puerto Rico! I definitely recommend it! The rainforest was so much fun!
Jeans and a Teacup
KellyMay 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Kayaking at night sounds amazing!
Sparkles and Shoes
KizzyDollMay 18, 2015 at 5:14 AM
Would love to go to Puerto Rico!! Amazing :))) xx
chelseaMay 18, 2015 at 10:19 AM
I want to go, take me with you!!! <3
XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com/
CaraMay 18, 2015 at 1:33 PM
So jealous, I have heard so many amazing things about Puerto Rico!
BrookeMay 18, 2015 at 2:10 PM
My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary in Puerto Rico, it was so beautiful! I would love to go back someday!
pumps and push-ups
RachelMay 18, 2015 at 7:23 PM
This place sounds amazing! Puerto Rico sounds like the perfect getaway for the girls.
LeighMay 19, 2015 at 12:30 PM
Sounds like an amazing trip!
JessicaMay 19, 2015 at 8:11 PM
I would definitely love to go there some day.
Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights
Elements Of EllisMay 20, 2015 at 9:49 AM
I want to go! Sounds like such an amazing vacation!
anngelikMay 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM
Oh Puerto Rico! I may be bias, but my island is beautiful. The beaches are incredible and I suggest going to Ponce, Ponce is beautiful. I need to make a trip to my island, it’s been forever since I’ve been there and I’m missing my family right about now.
RachelMay 20, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Oh sweetie, I’m sure! You are wonderful, so I can only imagine that not only the place but people of Puerto Rico is amazing 🙂 I can’t wait to visit! And I hope you get to go home to your family for a visit!
mayaMay 20, 2015 at 9:29 PM
So….I want to go to there….right now! xx